Correspondence Management Department Overview
CMD is the centralized mail processing division of the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission. The following is a brief overview of the primary responsibilities within CMD:
- Incoming Mail - Receives all mail relating to CASPER database system and non-claim-related mail. Incoming mail process involves date stamping and identifying all CASPER system mail for the prepping/scanning process and distribution of certain types of mail and packages to all departments within the agency.
- Document Management - All hard-copy CASPER system mail is prepped for scanning and distributed to a three-person scanning operation within Document Management. All scanned documents are ultimately released to the CASPER system. Document Management is also responsible for archived document retention and retrieval.
- Indexing and Analysis - All CASPER system claim and insurance related mail is categorized and identified to the appropriate Commission file and then electronically distributed to other departments within the agency.
- Outbound Mail - Responsible for retrieving and preparing all Commission outgoing mail; produces high quality digital print materials for the agency; provides courier services of files/documents and members of the Commission staff to various off-site locations.
CDUDocuments & Forms
- Employer Workplace Poster
- Employer Workplace Notice - Risk to Coal Miners
- Employer Workplace Notice - Spanish
- Injured Worker's Guide
- Injured Worker's Guide - Spanish
- Marketing Guidelines - Proving a Job Search
- Across State Lines Insurance Coverage
- Report An Employer Suspected of Operation without Worker's Compensation
- WebFile Guide for Claimants
- WebFile Guide for Claim Administrators
- WebFile Guide for PEO
- WebFile Guide for GSIA's
- Workers' Compensation Information Sheet for Employers
- VWC Glossary of Terms